Saturday 11 January 2014

SpecsPost REVIEW

In late-2013 I was offered a fabulous opportunity at trying out glasses courtesy of online retailer SpecsPost. I'm loving the current trend of using fashion glasses as accessories with outfits. It's no longer just jewellery that is the norm, but donning scarves, hats, hair accessories and now glasses that are becoming standard when selecting accessories for an outfit!

I chose to try out the following three pairs of SpecsPost glasses. All three were supplied with normal no prescription glasses. If you require prescription lenses, just easily select the option on the SpecsPost website when ordering, along with your prescription details. Note that prescription lenses can only be supplied between the powers of less than +/- 6 sphere and +/- 2 cylinder. 

Carrie


These are in a beautiful soft gray, and are quite sheer so you see some of the metal work inside the arms. They look very sophisticated so they would be great in a working environment, and the colour looked great on my fair skin. 





Black & pink retro glasses


I would describe these as 50's cat-eye glasses, and they looked fabulous teamed with my 50's style tea dress. I would wear these on special occasions with various vintage-style dresses.



Tulips




These have cherry red metal frames, with stunning black flower and butterfly silhouette detail on the arms. These would look amazing for a cute day-time look. Out of the three I tested, these are my favourite pair: they reflect my style, compliment my wardrobe, the details are gorgeous and, importantly, they suit me! 






Reassuringly, all three pairs of glasses arrived safe & secure in individual hard plastic cases, in a padded envelope, which had to be signed for on delivery.

The choice of glasses on their website is fantastic, with an amazing variety of styles and shapes, and all at great prices. Because they are online, they have lower operating costs compared to a high street optician, and SpecsPost pass these savings on to their customers.

I wore glasses from the age of 16, until I braved laser eye surgery in April 2007 for my wedding, so I knew roughly what shape and size frames suited by round face. But with SpecsPost Home Trial Service, everyone can try before they buy!

*** Discount Code ***

All Jelly Rose Yate blog readers can take advantage of an exclusive 10% discount code! 
JELLYROSEYATE10



*** About SpecsPost ***

SpecsPost are a fast-growing online prescription eyeglasses retailer based in Manchester, UK and they believe in charging less for their eyewear products and offering plenty of eyeglasses frames and lenses to choose from. 

*** SpecsPost's Home Trial Service ***

SpecsPost offers a home trial service so you can borrow up to three frames. This way you can check both the shape, colour and style suit you before commiting. This is an excellent service to provide, especially for individuals

Taken from their FAQ section "For a small deposit, usually 50% of your chosen frames individual selling prices, we can send you up to 3 pairs of frames to try on. Unfortunately we are no longer able to offer designer frames on our Home Trials. Your deposit is returned to you in full once we receive any frames back. You have 7 days to return any trial frames to us."


* I was not paid for this article. I was asked for my genuine personal opinion on their products to be published on my blog. As a thank you, I was allowed to keep one of the three products*
* If you would like me to review your product or service, please email me on jellyroseyate@gmail.com to discuss*

No comments:

Post a Comment