Friday 17 June 2016

I'm Berry Excited About Jamberry Nails! REVIEW

Happy Saturday Friends!

How are we all? Did we all enter the CBeebies Play Time DVD competition? Find it HERE.

As you all know, I love dabbling with beauty products, exploring new techniques, or just binge watching the beauty gurus on YouTube, and you'll have seen my two Younique blog posts HERE and HERE. Next up is something new that's brewing up on social media. It's Jamberry Nail Wraps!


I've teamed up with Jamberry Consultant Charlotte Spencer who's given me a set of nail wraps in this beautiful intricate design called "Butterfly Garden" to try out & review right here on my blog


Jamberry Nail Wraps are self-adhesive nail wraps that come in over 300 designs, that stick to your nail and last for up to two weeks. I've never used nail wraps from any brand so I was keen to give them a try, but my first task is to watch the video tutorial on Charlotte's website HERE and prepare!


The first job is to remove any old nail varnish, file the nail tips, and gently push back the cuticle. Then use the Jamberry Nail Prep Wipe to thoroughly cleanse the nail ready for the nail wrap.

Next is to gently grab the individual nail wrap with tweezers, then warm up the adhesive backing using a Jamberry heater for 3-5 seconds. If you don't have one, a hairdryer will also work!


Now is the crucial step as you need to apply the nail wrap to the nail in one straight motion. I found it easier to line up the curved edge of the nail wrap to just above my cuticle line worked perfectly, then using the pad of my opposite thumb to press the nail wrap onto the rest of the nail, ensuring no air bubbles and that all edges are adhered fully.

I used a dainty pair of nail scissors to trim the excess from the tip of the nail, then used a rough-grit nail file in a downward motion to ensure the nail wrap ends at my natural nail.


Voila! Check them out! It took me just under an hour to apply the full set of Jamberry Nail Wraps on both hands, but that also includes stopping to take photos for this blog post, plus my Instagram!


I was really impressed with how simple these are to apply: it just takes time & patience to do (and ideally no kiddiwinks around to knock your elbows!).

I have quite soft flaky nails, and usually nail polish lasts only 24 hours on me before it starts to chip or peel, so I was really impressed when my Jamberry Nail Wraps lasted over a week! At the one week mark, there was minor damage on the nail tip on my right and left pointer fingers but a quick file solved that. At 1 week 3 days, I started to get some edge lifting on a few nails so off they went!

To take the wraps off is simple. You don't need anything special, just a cotton pad soaked in standard nail varnish remover! After removing the dainty Butterfly Garden wraps, I can confirm my nails were still in very good condition.

Viccy's Tip: Watch the 'how to apply' video several times, and make sure you have everything to hand BEFORE you start the process of applying your Jamberry Nail Wraps! 

Thank you to Charlotte for allowing me to trial a set of Jamberry Nail Wraps! I'm really impressed, and already eyeing up what designs to buy, including Sheet Music and Afternoon Tea. I'm loving the detailed designs, especially the designs that could never be done simply with a nail art brush or dotting tool. It's like having pieces of art displayed proudly on your nails!

Check out Charlotte's website and Facebook, and tell her Viccy from the Jelly Rose Blog sent you.

* I was not paid for this article. I was asked for my genuine personal opinion on the Jamberry Nail Wraps to be published on my blog*

No comments:

Post a Comment