Saturday 1 August 2015

The Blogger Interview!

Happy Saturday friends! 

It's the weekend! *Weekend Dance*

The fabulous Chrissie from the All About The Burts blog tagged me in the latest trend: The Blogger Interview! 

Let's get started! 

How did you get into blogging?
It was back in November 2010, and I was home with an infant Tristan, living in a foreign country (Germany), and to keep sane and in-touch with home, I read a tonne of blogs. I eventually thought to myself, why don't I start a little blog? I had no clue where to really start, so I created a very basic blog which I titled......Princess Yummy Mummy (yes, I know! #Embarrassing). 

You can even read a few of my old posts still. Here we are: 
It's Friday (and it's snowing!)
Munich Christmas Markets
Winter Chic Style

As we approached returning to the UK in early 2011, blogging stopped, and I didn't return again until Scarlett was a few months old! I renamed the blog "Jelly Rose" (see THIS post for the meaning behind the name) and the blog was relaunched in June 2012. 

What advice would you give to a blogger just starting out?
To realise how much time and commitment it takes to write, edit, photograph, publish and promote your posts!  

How has your blog changed since you started writing it?
I like to think my writing is more refined, and my photographs a tad less amateur! 
I've also started dabbling with YouTube videos too as part of my blog. 

What would be your dream campaign?
An excellent question! I love working with local businesses in and around my home town of Yate on the North Bristol & South Gloucestershire border, so my dream is almost to be a local ambassador. 

What advice would you give to PR's wanting to approach you for a campaign?
I love to hear from businesses who adore my blog, and I love working with brands so just send me over a friendly email! It's JellyRoseYate@gmail.com

Do you have a plan for you blog?
Not really: just to keep writing and keep true to myself! 

What do you think about rankings?
I try not to take too much notice of stats and ratings, as every blog is unique. 

Thank you for the tag Chrissie! 

PS: We reached the 100 subscriber milestone over on our YouTube channel! Do you subscribe? Check our vlogs over there. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love reading these back stories on my favourite bloggers

    ReplyDelete