Saturday 5 October 2013

The Lunch Less Ordinary Blogger Challenge Week One

Family Howe were invited to join in on the four-week "The Lunch Less Ordinary Blogger Challenge"! 

Thank you to Mission Deli Wraps for this opportunity. You can find them on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MissionWrapsUK

Our challenges for week one are:

1) Make an indoor camp for you and your little ones to enjoy an adventurous lunch in
2) Make lunch for your neighbour – either at work or at home!
3) How many ways can you eat a tomato – inspired by La Tomatina, we challenge you to use tomatoes in every lunch you make this week (different each day!)
4) Put the kids in charge of lunch for a week.

*****

So, how did we do?

1) Tristan & Scarlett enjoyed a yummy indoor picnic in their tent!

2) Tristan & Mummy made a delicious gingerbread loaf for daddy's work colleagues (aka his office/desk neighbours)



3) Mummy enjoyed thinking of new ways to use tomato's in our family meals! Tristan's favourite snack was crispy tortilla chips with a fresh tomato salsa. Scarlett loved the tomato flowers, with the stems made from Balsamic creme. Mummy loved her Italian-inspired tomato & mozzerella salad, with a splash of extra virgin olive oil & balsamic creme and a sprinkling of dried basil.


4) Tristan has a hot school dinner everyday at school, and if 19-month old Scarlett had her way, we'd be having dry cereal for our lunch, heehee.




29 comments:

  1. Those Tomato Flowers are GREAT!! I want to come picnic with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those tomato flowers and that gingerbread loaf sounds delicious. This sounds like a nice challenge. If left to my toddler we'd be eating cereal every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tomato flowers are soo cool! What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fun way to really express cooking and sharing it onto others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that must have been fun to have a home tent project and those tomato flowers are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make lunch for your neighbour ?
    That is funny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at the cute tomato flowers, and making lunch for daddy's work neighbors was a brilliant twist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems you guys have been really productive and had so much fun, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tomato flowers! How cute are they. I like the indoor picnic in a tent for the little ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative and I do believe I'd enjoy all three of those tomato snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute tomato flowers- i'm not a tomato eater but i love to make foods more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're very creative! I love the tomato flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those tomato flowers are so cute!! We like to have an indoor picnic all the time. It's my kid's favorite activity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow that looks lovely - the tomato flower is so sweet as well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the tomato flowers, so creative and cool

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh it looks like you had a wonderful week!! Love the tomato flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The tomato flower is so pretty and inventive! I just love picnics- even when they are indoors. Sadly my husband doesn't go for indoor picnics.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummmm.. sure looks like you guys are having a wonderful lunch.. my all time favorite is the Mozzarella and Tomato salad.. have one every few weeks, too... YUMMM... Loved your pictures.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good job on the tomato flowers! I like that your kids like salsa! This was always one of my son's favorite things to do with fresh tomatoes, we would make the best fresh salsa and the recipe was different every time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the tomato flowers! I think it is a great idea to have a theme like this and build on it. You came up with some really fun things for the whole family to do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. They really did a great job on the gingerbread and I love how happy they looked doing so. Looks like it was a great family moment.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That tomato dish is super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummy I love tomatoes for any course and time of the day. he looks very proud of himself for helping make lunch! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  24. AWE!~! WHat a face he has. Too cute!!!! I like the tomato dish:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like your little one had a great time. I love the tomato flowers, cute and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE those tomato flowers! How cute are they? The girls and I love eating tomatoes so I'm going to surprise them with some. They will love me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the tomato flowers those are neat! I like how you do the challenges they seem like a lot of fun to do with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the tomato flowers! Chips & Salsa are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I adore these Tomato Flowers, you are having such a good time participating in "The Lunch Less Ordinary Blogger Challenge"! I see that your little one loves cooking, amazing!

    Fan R @TeddyOutReady

    ReplyDelete