Thursday 19 September 2013

DC Super Friends Magazine PRODUCT REVIEW

Tristan had a present waiting for him when he returned home from school today: the first issue of DC Super Friends to review! Thank you Lucy from Titan Magazines for this opportunity.


This is a new magazine (launched today in the UK) catering for boys aged between 2 and 5, and every issue comes with a free toy too. It's £2.99.


Tristan, who turned 4 in July, was thrilled to see the colourful magazine, and demanded to open the free toy, two communicators with switching screens, immediately. He's recently got into watching superhero cartoons, and he loved flicking through the pages pointing out the main characters: Batman, Superman, Aquaman, The Green Lantern, The Flash, and many more!


Some of the activities do require extra materials (for example thin card and elastic for the Batman mask), but most just need a pencil or crayons. It would be lovely of future issues will include stickers as thar's Tristan's favourite activity.


Magazines like these are a big treat in our household, and DC Super Friends is on par with the other pre-school magazines we have bought in the past.


Tristan's favourite section was the Spot the Difference (it was colourful and featured several of the superheroes) and colouring-in Krypto the dog. And Tristan wouldn't part with the two communicators all evening - including on our dinner table!


The current (first) issue is on sale now, and the next issue is on sale 17th October with a pull back and go helicopter as the free toy!

* I was not paid for this article. I was asked for my genuine personal opinion on their product to be published on my blog. As a thank you, I was allowed to keep the product *
* If you would like me to review your product or service, please email me on jellyroseyate@gmail.com to discuss*






20 comments:

  1. Aww sweet and he looks so excited! But who wouldn't be. I mean talking communicators AND a colorful magazine. perfect gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a fun gift for just about any little boy! I know my son would love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I need one for my son :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great combo, magazine + toy = happy boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so fun . Wish I was a kiddo again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super hero fun magazine, woah woah. It's a win win that they're offering gifts too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, now I have to go to the store and get one for my 3 year old son..he loves super heros!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea for a gift! He looks so happy! LOL! I love his smile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, nothing like communicators to make you feel like a secret agent! I still love those things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a cute model you've got there for your review. :) My son would like that magazine, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this my boys would love. Magazine that comes with a toy, win-win! My kids also love DC comics so this I know they really would love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. With the holidays right around the corner what a nice idea for a gift. I love the mag has a toy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun to get a new toy AND comic book too. Tristan looks like he is loving it. What a cutie! He is all boy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww! He looks so happy and looks like he is having so much fun with the magazine. What a cutie he is!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow a walkey talkey like toy, haha! :)) Brings back fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your little one looks so happy looking through the magazine, I think every boy will be excited to receive DC Super Friends including my boy, he is crazy about superheros.

    Fan R @TeddyOutReady

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! Magazine and a toy! Plus super Heroes... How can you go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like something fun to let kids be creative!

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha Look at that face! He's too cute :) I think my son is too old for this but my middle daughter enjoys DC comics!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My boys would love these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete