Thursday 13 June 2013

Father's Day Present Making Day!

Today we're making our Father's Day presents and cards!

Daddy Howe will be receiving a personal handprint & footprint canvas (£1 for the canvas in a pound shop, paints & Sharpies already in our arts'n'craft box), snd a bottle of Coke with his name on.

The canvas was easy but messy to make! All I can advise is do one child's limb at a time, heehee. Just remember to ensure you roughly work out where all the prints will go before diving into the paints. Once the paint is dry, I'll be finishing it off by going over the 'Daddy, we love you! Father's Day 2013' in black Sharpie, and signing Tristan and Scarlett's names near their prints.

The Coke was easy too....once I eventually found a 'Lee' in the shops. I just made it presentable using yellow and red ribbon (to match the red and yellow paint on the canvas) around the neck.

The cards were easy too and Tristan personalised them inside with an ink stamp kit I bought from The Works earlier this year (for 99p, I think) and normal colouring pencils.

And on the morning of Father's Day, I'll be serving Daddy Howe's favourite breakfast, smoked salmon and eggs!

3 sleeps to go.......





1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love gifts like this. Home made personalised ones are always better than expensive shop bought ones. I hope Lee has a brilliant Father's day.

    Thank you for linking up with The Weekend Blog Hop

    Hope to see you again this weekend

    Laura x x x

    ReplyDelete