Monday 23 March 2015

Crochet Lesson from 'Yarn Over Coffee' REVIEW

Happy Monday everyone!

Apologies for being a little bit quiet over the weekend, we were in Portsmouth the entire weekend for a family wedding (blog post coming soon!).

Today, I'm sharing my lovely experience at a 'Yarn Over Coffee" crochet lesson. Petra, the mum-of-two behind it all, runs crochet lessons from her home in South Gloucestershire, and kindly invited me to her most popular session, "Learn to Crochet: Granny Square".


I warned Petra that I have never even seen a crochet hook, so I was very much a complete beginner at crochet! Petra started at the very beginning explaining how to hold the crochet hook, and thoroughly explained in simple terms and by demonstrating the different stitches to start my crochet creations.


Petra was very patient with me (I can have my blonde moments!) and was always happy to re-show me the techniques when I was all fingers and thumbs! Petra is a great teacher, and so knowledgeable. I asked her about the wool we used, and she explained the various wool types you could use, and which projects they would be best suited to.

Near the end of the two hour tutorial, I was pretty confident with the basics and my Granny Square was looking good! I was able to take my creations home with me, with a length of yarn to finish my Granny Square, and every attendee receives their very own crochet hook and instructional pamphlets to continue the crochet at home!


With Easter creeping up very soon, Petra is currently offering lessons on how to crochet an Easter Egg Cosy! Petra is continually expanding her business, so keep an eye on her blog and Facebook page for all her tuition options, but also contact Petra if you have something in mind: she'll do her best to help you!

One day, this is what I'll be able to do! 

You can find Yarn Over Coffee on FacebookPinterest and Twitter!

* I was not paid for this article. I was asked for my genuine personal opinion on their service to be published on my blog*
* If you would like me to review your product or service, please email me on jellyroseyate@gmail.com to discuss.* 

1 comment:

  1. I have had the exact same experience asViccy and have booked a further course. I thoroughly recommend Petra.

    ReplyDelete