Sunday 11 January 2015

Badger and the Great Storm Book REVIEW

Happy Sunday friends

The lovely team at Little Tiger Press has kindly given Tristan and Scarlett another book to read and review! We chose "Badger and the Great Storm" by Suzanne Chiew and Caroline Pedler which is aimed at children aged between 3 and 6 years old.


The book is a beautifully illustrated and large hardback, and Tristan automatically recognised all the animals from the front page, and thoughtfully taught Scarlett which animal was which.


Tristan was able to read some of the text so happily helped me read the story to his little sister before bedtime. Scarlett loved pointing to all the pictures, and telling me what everything was, and what colour they were.


Both Tristan and Scarlett understood the story, and felt empathy when we discovered Badger's home had fallen down in the storm after he helped all the other animals first. But they both got excited when all the animals worked together as a team to fix Badger's home.

The ending was truly sweet with the little acorn. Without giving away the ending, I'll just quote "Mighty oaks from acorns grow".


I'm always impressed with the beautiful selection of books from Little Tiger Press, and I can't wait to see what they release next!

You can find Little Tiger Press online, FacebookTwitter and YouTube.

* I was not paid for this article. I was asked for my genuine personal opinion on their product to be published on my blog*
* If you would like me to review your product or service, please email me on jellyroseyate@gmail.com to discuss* 

No comments:

Post a Comment