Thursday 19 December 2013

Hobbycraft: Wreath decorating REVIEW

When we received a Bauble Felting Kit from Hobbycraft to review earlier this month, we also received some items to create our own DIY Christmas wreath! I have never made a wreath before, so was very keen to create one as a family. 


A 12" rattan wreath 

Green & white twine (27m)

Red berry pick decoration 

 Natural pinecone star pick decoration

I also added strands of ivy picked from our garden...

...and red ribbon left over from wrapping Christmas presents


I first bulked out the rattan wreath by lacing strands of ivy on the bottom 2/3rds of the wreath.
Using the twine, I tied on the pinecone decoration on the upper right, and the red berry decoration on the upper left.
Finally, I used the red ribbon at the very top so I could hook it onto the door
A little basic but an excellent first attempt! 

Voila! 

This was a great family DIY Christmas project to do over an afternoon, and truly got us in the Christmas spirit. Tristan loved helping Daddy chop down the ivy from the garden, then seeing Mummy threading it through the rattan wreath. Scarlett was a bit too young to help, but was happily watching what we were doing!

Together, we chose the perfect spot to hang our family DIY wreath: our living room door so all our Christmas guests can admire it when they walk in!

Thank you Hobbycraft!

* I was not paid for this article. I was asked for my genuine personal opinion on their products to be published on my blog. As a thank you, I was allowed to keep the products*
* If you would like me to review your product or service, please email me on jellyroseyate@gmail.com to discuss*


No comments:

Post a Comment