Saturday 2 November 2013

Damart Thermolactyl Sweater REVIEW

With the days getting shorter, and the nights getting darker, winter is truly on its way. So when I was asked to review an item from Damart's Thermolactyl range, I jumped at the the chance. 

I chose their short-sleeved round-necked ruby red sweater to review, which is part of their Thermolactyl range. As a busy (but fabulous!) mum, short-sleeved tops are easier to manage when doing the everyday mummy tasks including nappy-changes, housework, baking, crafts etc. I was also drawn in by the colour - a vibrant red colour which will compliment my autumn/winter wardrobe. 


For years, I've always imagined that thermal clothes in general tend to be thick and uncomfortable, but this sweater from Damart is comfortably light, touchably soft, and breathable. First impressions obliterated my pre-conceptions! 

The ruby red version (this sweater is also available in marl grey, and available in UK sizes 10/12 up to a 22/24) has subtle gold detailing around the cuffs and bottom hem which makes it a stunning piece, and wearable for both casual and smart occasions!  


The sweater label indicates it's made from a thermal wool mix: acrylic (61%), wool (24%) and polyester (15%).  

I paired the sweater simply with a pair of skinny jeans, beige boots, red & white scarf and a black caped coat. But you could easily dress it up with a long black velvet skirt and heeled boots for an evening look. 


For me, this will be a great piece for the school run! As we walk the quarter of a mile to Tristan's school, this sweater will be perfect for the entire autumn/winter season. It will also be a key item for when we join Scarlett's friends and their mummies in our local park to enjoy the swings, muddy puddles and feeding the ducks! 


I was truly impressed by my new sweater, and it will be a key piece in my autumn/winter wardrobe to keep warm and snuggly! 

Damart's thermal range is celebrating their 60th year of production by giving an inspirational person or couple the opportunity to enjoy a fabulous 5-day mini-break to Iceland. 
Please see their website for further details on how to enter:  http://www.damart.co.uk/icelandic-adventure


* I was not paid for this article. I was asked for my genuine personal opinion on their products to be published on my blog. As a thank you, I was allowed to keep the products*

* If you would like me to review your product or service, please email me on jellyroseyate@gmail.com to discuss*

2 comments:

  1. u look fabolous darling! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! I enjoyed being in front of the camera! :-D xx

      Delete