Tuesday 29 October 2013

TruPrint (Part 1) REVIEW

Family Howe were very lucky to be offered the chance to create photo-gifts from the TruPrint website for review.

To take full advantage of this generous opportunity, I borrowed my Dads fancy DSLR camera to capture my own high-quality photographs of Tristan and Scarlett.

Original photo

The first two items we ordered were a single photo 20" × 24" canvas and an A5 acrylic block. The website was reasonably easy to navigate and you need a basic knowledge of designing features (i.e. cropping, flipping, rotating, moving, zooming the photo etc).

Tip! I found it easier to have my design ideas jotted down and already deciding which photos to use before starting the TruPrint process.

I took a gorgeous photo of both Tristan and Scarlett in their Autumn clothes standing in a puddle at the park, and this looked great for the canvas. Oddly, despite being shot in landscape, in was perfect for a portrait-orientated canvas!

Tip! With gallery wrap canvases, the photo image is wrapped around the edges so you need to find/take a photo that has a border around the focal point.

The photo on a gallery wrap canvas

 Here you can see the gallery wrap - where the photo is wrapped around the edge

 Our new TruPrint canvas on our living room wall

Due to the age difference, I already have lots of photos of Tristan on display, so I dedicated the acrylic block to a beautiful photo of Scarlett on a stepping stone in a stream.

Original Photo 

A5 Acrylic Block

The thickness of the acrylic block

The delivery was impressive. I ordered the above two products late afternoon on Sunday. Less than 24 hours later, I received an email confirming my items had been printed & dispatched. The canvas arrived via courier on Tuesday morning, and the acrylic block came through my letterbox with the rest of my daily post on the Wednesday.

Both items were packaged in thick/strong cardboard, and protected with a layer or two of that foam paper.

Before this review, I'd never heard or seen photos used in acrylic blocks so I was very keen to see the final product. It basically is a large clear plastic block with the photo professionally stuck to the back (so you view the image through the acrylic). It's a great modern way to display images, and you don't need a photoframe. It is quite heavy, and the corners are sharp, so to keep it safe, I've placed it away from the reach of Tristan and Scarlett.

I'm very impressed with both the canvas and the acrylic block (and guests to our home always point to them in awe), and I can't wait to order the next few review items: wall calender, collage canvas and prints! TruPrint (Part 2) Review coming soon!

* I was not paid for this article. I was asked for my genuine personal opinion on their products to be published on my blog. As a thank you, I was allowed to keep the products*
* If you would like me to review your product or service, please email me on jellyroseyate@gmail.com to discuss*

No comments:

Post a Comment