Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Today, I saved someone's life


Yesterday, I saved my life by attending my routine smear
Today, I saved someone's life by donating blood
I first gave blood back in April. See the blog post here
96% of us rely on the other 4% to give blood. Please don’t leave it to someone else. To find out more or to book an appointment at your next local session, go to blood.co.uk
Do your good deed today - register as a donor
It can save a life xxx


25 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. I give blood whenever our church holds a blood drive which is only once a year. I need to be better about donating more often since it's so easy to do and so helpful to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I have never given blood before. (I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to this!)I know I should get over it though. Once the needle is in, I suppose it really doesn't feel like much at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to give blood one year and was told NO!! You don't weigh enough. So I haven't tried since. Kudos to you for being kind enough to give. I think it is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband gives blood often. If you are able it is a wonderful gift to someone in need.
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never given blood-many times it seems like I'm pregnant or have just traveled out of the country or some other reason, but I really should make it a priority. My husband has a blood type they really need so the red cross hunts him down. Maybe I'll go with him the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift. I am unable to donate, for health reasons. I am so glad you donated, and linked other people to find out how to do so themselves. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! I've done it before but not for years. Looks like it's time for me to go back! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not allowed to donate blood - just some awful health issues but it's an awesome thing to do. I once donated and they gave me a shirt and a wrist band which was superb! Thanks for a reminder, there are many people who need our help ((:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant donate blood because I dont weigh enough. Kudos to those who donate! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband and son donate blood whenever they can. Good for you for donating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always donate blood. Thanks for pointing out this issue...We should always donate blood and it will not harm any fit person

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to donate blood but they have rejected my blood the last few times due to low hemoglobin. Apparently this is a common problem in women my age.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I could donate blood I would I think it's a fantastic idea - sadly I take too many meds :( x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to be a chairman for the blood drive at my job years ago. Getting people to donate was never easy, but it was worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kudos to you and for the blog post. An important reminder for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so nice of you to give blood. I used to a few years ago but it makes me really sick to do that now. For some reason my body just doesn't respond like it used to.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We do this once a year in the army and it usually ends up saving a soldiers life. Thank you for your donation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Donating blood is so important. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I used to give blood all the time, it's so important to do!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's definitely very important to give blood! Since I have the blood type that can donate to anybody, I go a lot to donate! It makes me feel so good to do something good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know it's important to give blood but I really don't do it!!! I haven't in forever actually!!! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i used to donate blood at an old job - they came to the location so it was easy and our boss let us have tha ttime off

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really salute those people who does things for others such as savings lives and donating something.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can not give blood, due to anemia, but my husband does often.

    ReplyDelete