I'm home from participating in the Bristol Zoo focus group.....
Breaking News! A new 130 acre family attraction is opening in Summer 2013 near Cribbs Causeway in North Bristol!
It will be called 'Wild Place' and it's the great outdoors within the city.
The six main elements
1) indoor soft play barn for ages 0 to 12
2) Madagascar: walkthrough with lemurs, and a educational/interactive Madagascan village
3) Cafe and gift shop (selling ethical foods and education toys etc)
4) East Africa Savannah: a glassland ecosystem featuring zebras and elands etc
5) Wild About: a barefoot trial through the forest (washing facilities to be provided), woodland walks etc
6) Hollywood Tower and lawn. A big outdoor space with a listed tower which chimes every hour.
This is an all-year round attraction.
They estimate admission charges will be
Family (2+2) £20
Under 2s free
Parking details tbc.
*the above details are what was said at this mornings focus group from zoo staff. Details may change.*
*This is a mini project which will eventually grow into a much bigger attraction to fill the 130 acres over the next decade*
This is very exciting!